Friday, March 29, 2013

Slacking

I never know what to write in this thing so I usually put it off for a few days then feel guilty enough to finally sit down and try. So here I am guilted into it again.

I'm in London staying with a friend I met in Paris. I've been here since Monday and will be here until next Monday when I fly to Iceland. What a generous guy!

I've been living the life of a London local and it is expensive.  I don't think in could live here permanently because of the insane rent but since I'm living on a couch for a week, it's great!

Speaking of rent, I believe my debt house idea will finally take shape. For those unfamiliar, which is probably everyone, I've been talking to some of my friends and we realized a huge burden on them all is debt, mostly of the student loan variety. What I came up with was to start shared living houses and using the money saved to go toward paying it off faster.  Not only would rent be cheaper but also a lot of commonly used items would be split, such as a grill.

Ideally it'd be a large 4 bedroom house which can be found for as low as 1200 a month. Since there are couples interested, we could have up to 6 people living there making rent 200 a month. With the right group and a common interest (climbing), it'd be a great experience. And though we would all be climbers, we'd have incredible diversity otherwise and I think it'd improve our lives in many ways. We'd always have motivated training partners and would end up building a mini training wall for sure.

Anyway, the first iteration would be just 3 people. Hopefully as more people become interested, a larger debt house will be created.

No comments:

Post a Comment